Freedom from Torture Terms and Conditions
The cost of each entry is £1. Players may purchase more than one entry and payment must be in advance. The maximum number of entries for an individual in each weekly draw is five. Entry is open to all UK residents excluding the Channel Islands, Scilly Isles & Isle of Man. Entry also excludes Freedom from Torture employees and third parties directly involved in the administration or management of the Weekly Lottery.
2. Not to be sold by or to anyone under 18 years of age. Any person found to be under 18 years of age automatically forfeits the right to any prize.
3. Your unique lottery number(s) will be generated and confirmed by post within 21 days. Your number(s) will remain the same each week. No ticket will be supplied.
4. The weekly draw will be conducted every Friday. The draw will be conducted by a random number generator which will select a six-digit number (the Winning Number). Only Lottery numbers for players with sufficient credit at the time of the draw will be eligible for prizes. Late or missed payments may result in a player’s lottery numbers not being eligible for every draw.
5. The Winning Number will be published on Freedom from Torture website (lottery.freedomfromtorture.org/winners) and will be available from the Weekly Lottery Helpline on 01628 200 683. Results will be available from the Monday following the draw.
6. Winning combinations will be for players' lottery numbers which match three or more of the digits in the correct position within the Winning Number. There are no alternatives to any prize and no interest will be payable. If you pay by Direct Debit, prizes will be paid directly into your bank account, otherwise a cheque will be sent within 21 days.
7. Prizes are as follows: Match 6 numbers in correct order for prize of £10,000. Match 5 numbers in correct order for prize of £1,000. Match 4 numbers in correct order for prize of £25. Match 3 numbers in correct order for prize of £5. Overall chance of winning a prize each week with one entry is 1 in 63.
8. All profits from the Freedom from Torture Weekly Lottery go to Freedom from Torture to continue funding the charity’s work. We anticipate that a fantastic 60% of the ticket sales in Freedom from Torture Weekly Lottery in 2020 will come back to Freedom from Torture to fund our work. 20% will be spent on expenses and 20% on prizes.
9. Freedom from Torture is not responsible for any delays in bank payments.
10. No liability is accepted for loss, theft or delayed receipt of any communication sent by post.
11. Freedom from Torture or its External Lottery Manager may (without giving any reason or notice) decline to accept an application, cancel an existing subscription or terminate or suspend the lottery scheme. Freedom from Torture or its External Lottery Manager’s decisions made regarding the lottery and its rules shall, once made, be final and binding.
12. The rules are subject to change by Freedom from Torture or its External Lottery Manager. Copies of the latest rules will be published on (lottery.freedomfromtorture.org/rules)
14. Freedom from Torture maintains records of customer funds separately from general company / charity funds. This means that steps have been taken to separately account for customer funds from company / charity funds however those funds are not protected if Freedom from Torture becomes insolvent. This meets the Gambling Commission’s requirements for the segregation of customer funds at the basic level of protection.
15. These terms and conditions are governed by English law. The courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear any dispute or claim arising in association with the Weekly Lottery or these terms and conditions.
Licensed and regulated by the Gambling Commission under the Gambling Act 2005 - Licence No.4625 .
Freedom from Torture is a charity registered in England 1000340, Scotland SC039632
Please gamble responsibly. If you are worried about your gambling or that of someone close to you, BeGambleAware is the UK's leading authority on the provision of support, advice and counselling to people affected by gambling problems. If you or someone you know needs help or advice call the National Gambling Helpline on 0808 8020 133 (lines open 24 hours a day) or visit www.begambleaware.co.uk